Americana DeVenco Builds Shutters to Last a Lifetime in 4 to 8 WeeksThe Victorian shutters you buy today will be enjoyed by the next generation.
- Solid wood components. There are no finger-jointed or “glued up parts.” All components are solid wood and custom milled to exacting specifications in our shop. There are no ready-made parts, imported parts or stock fabricated parts…and never faux wood.
- Mortise and dowel construction. Americana DeVenco shutters are not screwed together, stapled, or pinned together. We use old-fashioned cabinetmaker joinery. This assures the shutter will never fall out of square at the joints under its own weight.
- Nylon rotation pins. Louver operation is smooth and effortless, even if it is refinished numerous times.
- Proportional design.
- Victorian 13/16″ by 1-5/8″ beaded stiles assure aesthetically pleasing design as well as structural integrity.
- 1-7/8″ louvers spaced at 1-1/2″ inches on center provide excellent closure and actual room darkening in daylight.
- Lockrails are customary at no extra charge based upon the height of the shutter and provide structural support and absolute stability within a panel while allowing upper louvers to function separately from lower louvers.
- Hanging hinge mortise. Mortising for hanging hinges is standard, allowing a custom fit within the window jamb.
- Rabbetted stiles. One additional custom feature that provides total privacy and blocks additional light and heat.
Americana DeVenco Victorian Shutters Are Constructed of the Finest MaterialAll wood is milled by us in our shop. There are no prefab or stock-sized parts. All work is done in our shop by skilled craftsmen to the highest standards in the industry today. Following our state-of-the-art CAD drawings that are reviewed and approved by the customer for accuracy, the components for each shutter are cut by hand, piece by piece, the old-fashioned way. The shutters are then assembled by hand using old-world cabinetmaker construction techniques. After assembly, each shutter is sanded and buffed by hand and prepared for finishing. All shutters receive a superlative finish in the color specified by you. We can match any brand or a provided color. The result is a quality finish that will be easy to maintain and which should last for many years. Hardware is carefully set on each shutter, and they are packed like Waterford crystal for shipping.
Ready for InstallationWhen your Americana DeVenco shutters arrive, they are ready to install—minimal assembly required. Each hanging hinge allows fine-tuning to tolerate minimal adjustments in the installation in order to align each panel with its mate and tolerate potentially out-of-square windows. Tools required for installation are:
- Screw gun with Phillips and square drives
- 1/8” drill bit
- 1/8” shim